- Hard mode added. Hard mode has only 3 energy tanks, 3 missiles, 3 super missiles, 3 power bombs, and 1 Reserve Tank. It removes Spring Ball, Plasma Beam and Space Jump.
- Defaults to "Easy" mode.
- Added algorithms to fill unavailable spots with nothing (relevant for hard mode, where you can't get space jump).
- Seed clears when you change mode.
- Many easy mode logic changes.
- Fixed some logic with the blue Brinstar energy tank location.
- Updated logic for some pink Brinstar items.
- Missile spot below top green Brinstar super missile can no longer be hidden.
- Changed logic for blue Brinstar energy tank.
- Changed logic for green Brinstar missile behind missile behind reserve tank.
- Easy mode added. Easy mode adds 10 missile packs, 4 super missile packs, 4 power bomb packs, and 7 energy tanks. Easy mode can't start with Speed Booster.
- Automatically applies .sfc extension to rom name if no extension specified.
- Corrected some faulty logic for accessing the Crateria gauntlet missile locations.
- Added ability to set default controls for the generated ROM. These controls are saved as you use the program.
- Minor change to update check code.
- Added an icon.
- Embedded seed in ROM (shows up as game name in SNES9x.)
- Slightly updated logic for when to not hide items.
- Gravity Suit will no longer spawn in Crateria or Brinstar, and selected places in upper Norfair and Wrecked Ship. This addresses the issue of having seeds that are too easy because you find Gravity Suit right away.
- Added automatic check for updates.
- Added regions to PLMs for later use.
- Fixed a bug involving creating a rom without specifying a directory.
- Added 2 more locations where hidden items won't spawn.
- Charge beams will no longer be invisible items.
- Changed item logic for the super missile in pink brinstar.
- Added 50% chance for items to be nothing
- Will create folders if they don't exist instead of throwing an error
- Added chance for non- chozo ball items to be invisible (shoot to reveal)
- Added extra copies of Charge Beam; these items share an index, so collecting one will remove them all
- Created fixed distribution of items; max 7 energy tanks, 4 reserve tanks, 50 missiles, 30 super missiles, and 20 power bombs. Singleton items are unchanged.
- Made RNG portable, so users on Wine/Linux should receive the same results as those on Windows.
- Reenabled autosaving at the beginning of Ceres. Thanks Scyzer!
- Moved all of v10 features to an "Old Randomizer" tab.
- Created a new randomization algorithm; now any item can spawn anywhere. Progression though the game should still be possible. Average difficulty should be higher than vanilla Super Metroid, but can vary from super easy to super hard. It's random, what do you expect?
- Removed the intro sequence from both versions of randomization. As a side effect, this also removes the autosave from the beginning of Ceres. This will be looked into, but until it is fixed, be aware.
- For the new randomizer, reverted the Reserve Tanks back from the Kappa image. The Kappa made sense when you knew you could just look at major items for all of your upgrade, and getting a reserve tank is a big disappoinment. Now that every item location is a roughly 1/5 chance for a big item, reserve tanks aren't as bad as they used to be.
- Special update for Twitch.tv users.
- Fixed an issue where Speed could appear in Lower Norfair and Hi- Jump at Maridia reserve while Suitless is forced.
- Added a feature where the randomizer will tell you if the seed it is given is likely to be impossible.
- Fixed an issue where Speed could be trapped behind Draygon and Ice could be at the WS Reserve.
- Fixed an issue where Hi- Jump could be trapped at Wrecked Ship reserve with Speed in Maridia and Gravity in Lower Norfair.
- Fixed an issue relating to Speed Booster spawning in Maridia and important items (such as Gravity Suit if suitless disabled) spawning at Wrecked Ship reserve.
- Added command line functionality for automation purposes.
- Implented Krankdud's change to randomize the Etecoon's item.
NOTE: this version will not accept seeds from a previous version. The seed format has changed by necessity.
- Started putting version numbers at the top of the form.
- Added a warning when suitless Maridia is required in a parsed seed.
- Changed seed to only generate filename- legal characters. Using old seeds will still work exactly the same.
- Files can now be saved with the <seed> tag, which will insert the seed of the file in its place when creating the rom. For example, "SM Random <seed>.sfc" might become "SM Random TIZyl7NXfeAa76R9+ugqtmolZ+nsWBykeVN- TQ.sfc"
- Added a dialog box to the save window reminding the user to press "create" to actually generate the rom.
- Fixed problem that allowed Gravity to spawn when "disable suitless" checked
- Initial release